Following are some important Do’s and Dont’s About Eye Donation
- Do pledge your eyes for donation.
- Do keep your donor card with you all the times.
- Do encourage others to donate their eyes too.
- Do let your family know about your intentions to donate your eyes.
- Don't lose time in informing the nearest eye bank.
- Do inform the eye bank within six hours of the person's death.
- Switch off the fans, but keep the air-conditioner on.
- Close the eye lids of the deceased gently and cover them with moist cotton.
- Raise the deceased's head using a pillow.