NCT has been running eight charitable mobile eye care centers at Farrukhnagar, Pataudi, Rewari, Jacobpura, Nuh, Tauru, Ganga Giri Kutia, and Sector - 14 with the assistance from other Foundation & individual since 2005. Niramaya’s mobile unit well equipped with necessary instruments is headed by a qualified Optometrist assisted by a technician, Counselor and Volunteers. More than 100 patients per week per centre are being treated.
As we know that eye care services are neither available nor and accessible and least affordable for rural and urban poor due to their week financial condition. Moreover they are not conscious about their health. So it is very necessary to intervene at their home to motivate their health seeking behavior and to mobilize the community (suffering from eye diseases specially hidden population) to avail of eye care services provided by Niramaya Charitable Trust.
- To provide quality eye care services for rural and urban poor in their home city or village.
- To mobilize the community to avail of eye care services.
- To reduce cases of cataract.
- To provide counseling aid to patients.
- Counselling to the patients.
- Eye care consultation and medicine.
- Referral to other services as per their need.
- 6 lakh patients have been treated so far at the centers by NCT.
- At every center two local volunteers are facilitating the center i.e. sense of ownership is developing among the community; it ensures the sustenance of the programme.